Our family pie and art class filled up quickly! We are debating changing our adult class to another family class 6:30-8:30. Would you be interested int he switch?
I don’t know about you, but I am ready for a little bit less rain, snow and cold and a little more sunshine and cherry blossoms. I love March in Portland because the days start to get a bit longer and the flowers start to bloom.
Turnip is continuing to focus on customer created events. I am now booking for April, May, and June (but April is almost booked, so act fast!) If you have a class you would like to see, please email us! Does your kiddo want to learn to make a special meal for their birthday? Is your scouting group working on a healthy eating badge? Looking for a unique way to celebrate a new baby, new friend, or even your book group finishing a favorite read? Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org
These are limited due to the fact our calendar is filling up with private events. Are you dreaming of a class idea? We just need 6-10 friends and your dream can come true!
If you are interested in summer camp, please sign up soon. Camps are filling up.
March 2nd – Southern Thai Cooking (This is TONIGHT! I have a few spots left, email me if you want to join in! It is always fun!)
April 8th – Preschool Class at Seahorses
June 26th – 5 day Art and Cooking Summer Camp: Session One
August 7th – 4 day Art and Cooking Summer Camp: Session Two
PS. I am sorry if you received a strange newsletter this morning. My newsletter server appears to be on the fritz and I am working it out. 🙂
I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to their 2017! I am trying out a whole new cuisine this month – vegan! So far it has been delicious and fun, and really, really eye opening! I will hopefully have some experiences and recipes to share.
Turnip’s calendar is filling up with private events! Please email us at email@example.com if you are interested in scheduling an event. Children and adult birthday parties are always fun, but so are book groups, family get togethers, co-worker groups, or just friends that want to do something different for a night out! Turnip is always open to developing a class that fits your interests and culinary desires.
Preschool classes will be posted soon, as will a few kid, teen, and adult classes. As always, leave a note if you are looking for any particular class.
Happy New Year!
Do you have a little oyster lover in the family? Or an adventurous eater who wants to explore the culinary world? Foster’s Craft Cooking is partnering up with Turnip the Heat to offer School of Oysters for families!
Class is Saturday, March 26th at 10am. Check out the menu and register here.
(photo care of Foster’s Fine Cooking)
- December 12th, Edible Gift Making -for families, teens or adults
- December 15th, Edible Gifts, for Adults
- January 26th, After-school Cooking Series, Session 2
- January 26th, Pate Choux Dough, for everyone
- February 2nd, Teen Class – Breakfast
- February 9th, 3rd Annual Valentine’s Day feast
- February 16th, Teen Class – Fries and Dips
- March 1st, Southern Thai Cookingfor Adults
The calendar has just been updated! Check it out!
- November 3rd, Southern Thai Cooking for families, teens or adults
- November 10th, Preschool Class – Tropical Fruit Adventures at Smallfry
- November 19th, Soups, Salads and Quick Bread at Happy Valley New Seasons Market
- November 24th, Thanksgiving Pie and Wreath-Making Workshop, Session 1
- November 24th, Pie and Wreath-Making Workshop – For Grownups!
- November 25th, Thanksgiving Pie and Wreath- Making Workshop, Session 2
- December 1st, Pizza making for kids
- December 1st, Teen Class, Better than Chinese Take-out
Change of Plans! We are now offering Thai Food for kids on March 8th!
We will be rolling up salad rolls, dipping sauces and a sweet mango, coconut dessert! YUM. These are some of my favorite recipes.
Sign up here
Due to overwhelming demand we have opened up a second session of 5 Tastes Toddler class at 10:30 on April 26!
Turnip the Heat Cooking and Smallfry are teaming up to offer toddler cooking classes at the Smallfry shop. This hands-on class is for students 3-5 years old. We will be exploring the 5 tastes and making a snack to enjoy. Parents will need to stay with their child during class.
There is also Textures Toddler Class on June 7th at 9:30am.