Our Fall schedule is starting to fill up, with more classes being added as the summer continues. We have Turnip at Sideyard Farms, Homestyle Indian Cooking and our after-school cooking classes, as well as some toddler classes!
Check out our upcoming classes here!
We have decided to open up a few more spots of both weeks of our Art and Cooking Around the World Summer Camp!
Session One: June 20th – June 24th.
Session Two: June 27th – July 1st.
Click on sessions to register for camp.
Summer is nearly here and I am gearing up for summer camp! My camps are full – but if you are interested in getting on a waiting list, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I will be doing kid-friendly events at the Hollywood Farmers Market the 2nd Saturday of each month – come say hi!
Stay tuned for our Fall schedule, things are changing!
Class day will be switching to Thursdays at Old Salt Marketplace.
We are also going to be doing some REAL farm to table classes with The Side Yard Farms and adding more preschool classes with Seahorses!
Do you have a little oyster lover in the family? Or an adventurous eater who wants to explore the culinary world? Foster’s Craft Cooking is partnering up with Turnip the Heat to offer School of Oysters for families!
Class is Saturday, March 26th at 10am. Check out the menu and register here.
(photo care of Foster’s Fine Cooking)
Our second 6-week after-school cooking session starts in one week! Classes are Tuesdays at 3:30-5pm at Old Salt Marketplace. Each week we will taste the cuisine of a different country while practicing our kitchen skills. Students will learn different cooking techniques, knife use and kitchen safety. Each class ends with us sitting down to enjoy a meal together.
Only THREE spots are left! Sign up today! Class starts Tuesday, January 26th.
I am excited to announce our Summer Camp schedule (In January! Planners Unite!). Turnip the Heat Cooking will be partnering with Deena Raphael from Camp Colorwheel to offer another round of cooking and art camp.
Our hands-on, 5-day summer camp explores world cultures through art, food, games, folktales and music. Each day we will discover a new country. Colorful art and craft activities will be led by Camp Colorwheel; Joanna Sooper will help campers prepare and cook their own lunch and snacks inspired by the day’s global destination.
Camp runs 9am -3pm, Monday – Friday.
If your child attended last year, don’t worry, it is a big world and we will be exploring new countries!)
There are currently two sessions scheduled
Session One: June 20th – 24th
Session Two: June 27th – July 1st
Here is a list of all our upcoming classes for kids and adults
- January 23rd, Edible Color Wheel with Smartypants – Family Workshop
- January 26th, After-school Cooking Series, Session 2
- January 26th, Night Out Class, food, crafts, and wine, for adults
- January 30th, Paratha Making, with guest cook, Astha
- February 2nd, Teen Class – Breakfast
- February 9th, 3rd Annual Valentine’s Day feast
- February 16th, Teen Class – Fries and Dips
- February 23rd, Pate Choux Dough, for everyone
- March 1st, Southern Thai Cooking for Adults
- April 5th, Night Out! Cards and Desserts, for Adults
It is hard to believe that Turnip the Heat Cooking is two years old today! 🙂 I am looking forward to 2016 and new classes, new students, and new recipes.
Check out our upcoming classes here.
Turnip the Heat Cooking is teaming up with Smartypants to offer a Parent and Child class at Smartypants.
Check out all the details here: Edible Color Wheel Workshop
Cost: $35 for a parent and child duo
To register contact Smartypants at email@example.com or call 503.477.8884
Eating the parts of a plant!
I have been stretching my Turnip roots a bit these last few months and have begun teaching in a local preschool. My bi-monthly classes include lots of tasting new foods, vocabulary, and a little bit of off-key singing. I have worked for 14 years with elementary and middle-schoolers, but this is my first foray into preschool! I love it! They are so curious, chatty, and engaging!
Chopping apples for apple handpies.
The calendar has just been updated! Check it out!
- November 3rd, Southern Thai Cooking for families, teens or adults
- November 10th, Preschool Class – Tropical Fruit Adventures at Smallfry
- November 19th, Soups, Salads and Quick Bread at Happy Valley New Seasons Market
- November 24th, Thanksgiving Pie and Wreath-Making Workshop, Session 1
- November 24th, Pie and Wreath-Making Workshop – For Grownups!
- November 25th, Thanksgiving Pie and Wreath- Making Workshop, Session 2
- December 1st, Pizza making for kids
- December 1st, Teen Class, Better than Chinese Take-out