Come and learn how to make a delicious apple pie, and finish up the class with your own apple pie to take home to bake for Thanksgiving! To add to the class, this year Amy Wing of Amy Wing Designs will be teaching you how to make your own stamped brass & copper gift tags, perfect for decorating your own holiday table, or giving as a host/hostess gift.
We will have a selection of hors d’oeuvres as well as sparking water and apple cider, and you are welcome to bring your own wine or beer to enjoy during class.
Sign up here
Turnip the Heat Cooking is teaming up with Umi Organic ramen noodles to do a fun cooking class! Tuesday, May 10th at 6pm at Old Salt Marketplace. Not only will we feast on a simplified ramen and a cold noodle salad, but all students will also take fresh noodles home to try at home.
Sign up here.
I adore Indian food, but I am often intimidated to try and make a dish at home. I am unsure how to combine spices (and how do I know I am using the correct spices!). But, we are in luck! The lovely Astha is guest teaching a hands-on, homestyle Chicken Curry class, along with multiple sides.
Join us for a fun, delicious evening on May 3rd.
Sign up here
We still have space in Tuesday’s Northern Thai Cooking class. We will making some of the most delicious foods ON EARTH! (Totally no exaggeration!)
This is a class for adults, so feel free to bring an adult beverage to enjoy, or purchase something from the bar at Old Salt Marketplace.
Are you looking for a new way to celebrate Valentine’s Day? (Or want to impress someone with a few new recipes?) Sign up for Turnip the Heat’s 3rd annual Valentine’s feast!
This class is for adults. Feel free to bring wine or beer to enjoy during class, or purchase cocktails from the bar at Old Salt Marketplace (I suggest the brown butter old fashioned!)
Sign up here.
I am excited to announce our Summer Camp schedule (In January! Planners Unite!). Turnip the Heat Cooking will be partnering with Deena Raphael from Camp Colorwheel to offer another round of cooking and art camp.
Our hands-on, 5-day summer camp explores world cultures through art, food, games, folktales and music. Each day we will discover a new country. Colorful art and craft activities will be led by Camp Colorwheel; Joanna Sooper will help campers prepare and cook their own lunch and snacks inspired by the day’s global destination.
Camp runs 9am -3pm, Monday – Friday.
If your child attended last year, don’t worry, it is a big world and we will be exploring new countries!)
There are currently two sessions scheduled
Session One: June 20th – 24th
Session Two: June 27th – July 1st
Here is a list of all our upcoming classes for kids and adults
- January 23rd, Edible Color Wheel with Smartypants – Family Workshop
- January 26th, After-school Cooking Series, Session 2
- January 26th, Night Out Class, food, crafts, and wine, for adults
- January 30th, Paratha Making, with guest cook, Astha
- February 2nd, Teen Class – Breakfast
- February 9th, 3rd Annual Valentine’s Day feast
- February 16th, Teen Class – Fries and Dips
- February 23rd, Pate Choux Dough, for everyone
- March 1st, Southern Thai Cooking for Adults
- April 5th, Night Out! Cards and Desserts, for Adults
Turnip the Heat Cooking is teaming up with Smartypants to offer a Parent and Child class at Smartypants.
Check out all the details here: Edible Color Wheel Workshop
Cost: $35 for a parent and child duo
To register contact Smartypants at email@example.com or call 503.477.8884
The calendar has just been updated! Check it out!
- November 3rd, Southern Thai Cooking for families, teens or adults
- November 10th, Preschool Class – Tropical Fruit Adventures at Smallfry
- November 19th, Soups, Salads and Quick Bread at Happy Valley New Seasons Market
- November 24th, Thanksgiving Pie and Wreath-Making Workshop, Session 1
- November 24th, Pie and Wreath-Making Workshop – For Grownups!
- November 25th, Thanksgiving Pie and Wreath- Making Workshop, Session 2
- December 1st, Pizza making for kids
- December 1st, Teen Class, Better than Chinese Take-out
Thursday is Turnip the Heat’s last adult cooking class until the summer session. There are still spots open for Southern Thai Cooking.
This class is very hands on and super delicious! Bring some friends and learn something new!
Sign up here
Are you interested in learning more about Thai cooking? It is one of my favorite cuisines! I am super excited to be offering two classes in March!
Thai for Kids, on Sunday, March 8th at 9:30am-12:00
Southern Thai Cooking for Adults, on Thursday, March 19th 6:30pm-9:00
Click on the class names to learn more!