Are you looking for a new way to celebrate Valentine’s Day? (Or want to impress someone with a few new recipes?) Sign up for Turnip the Heat’s 3rd annual Valentine’s feast!
This class is for adults. Feel free to bring wine or beer to enjoy during class, or purchase cocktails from the bar at Old Salt Marketplace (I suggest the brown butter old fashioned!)
Sign up here.
Our second 6-week after-school cooking session starts in one week! Classes are Tuesdays at 3:30-5pm at Old Salt Marketplace. Each week we will taste the cuisine of a different country while practicing our kitchen skills. Students will learn different cooking techniques, knife use and kitchen safety. Each class ends with us sitting down to enjoy a meal together.
Only THREE spots are left! Sign up today! Class starts Tuesday, January 26th.
I am excited to announce our Summer Camp schedule (In January! Planners Unite!). Turnip the Heat Cooking will be partnering with Deena Raphael from Camp Colorwheel to offer another round of cooking and art camp.
Our hands-on, 5-day summer camp explores world cultures through art, food, games, folktales and music. Each day we will discover a new country. Colorful art and craft activities will be led by Camp Colorwheel; Joanna Sooper will help campers prepare and cook their own lunch and snacks inspired by the day’s global destination.
Camp runs 9am -3pm, Monday – Friday.
If your child attended last year, don’t worry, it is a big world and we will be exploring new countries!)
There are currently two sessions scheduled
Session One: June 20th – 24th
Session Two: June 27th – July 1st
Here is a list of all our upcoming classes for kids and adults
- January 23rd, Edible Color Wheel with Smartypants – Family Workshop
- January 26th, After-school Cooking Series, Session 2
- January 26th, Night Out Class, food, crafts, and wine, for adults
- January 30th, Paratha Making, with guest cook, Astha
- February 2nd, Teen Class – Breakfast
- February 9th, 3rd Annual Valentine’s Day feast
- February 16th, Teen Class – Fries and Dips
- February 23rd, Pate Choux Dough, for everyone
- March 1st, Southern Thai Cooking for Adults
- April 5th, Night Out! Cards and Desserts, for Adults
It is hard to believe that Turnip the Heat Cooking is two years old today! I am looking forward to 2016 and new classes, new students, and new recipes.
Check out our upcoming classes here.
Turnip the Heat Cooking is teaming up with Smartypants to offer a Parent and Child class at Smartypants.
Check out all the details here: Edible Color Wheel Workshop
Cost: $35 for a parent and child duo
To register contact Smartypants at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503.477.8884
Turnip the Heat Cooking has gift certificates for any amount! Email email@example.com for more information.
Eating the parts of a plant!
I have been stretching my Turnip roots a bit these last few months and have begun teaching in a local preschool. My bi-monthly classes include lots of tasting new foods, vocabulary, and a little bit of off-key singing. I have worked for 14 years with elementary and middle-schoolers, but this is my first foray into preschool! I love it! They are so curious, chatty, and engaging!
Chopping apples for apple handpies.
The calendar has just been updated! Check it out!
- November 3rd, Southern Thai Cooking for families, teens or adults
- November 10th, Preschool Class – Tropical Fruit Adventures at Smallfry
- November 19th, Soups, Salads and Quick Bread at Happy Valley New Seasons Market
- November 24th, Thanksgiving Pie and Wreath-Making Workshop, Session 1
- November 24th, Pie and Wreath-Making Workshop – For Grownups!
- November 25th, Thanksgiving Pie and Wreath- Making Workshop, Session 2
- December 1st, Pizza making for kids
- December 1st, Teen Class, Better than Chinese Take-out
Just in time for Thanksgiving!
Pie and Wreath-Making Workshops!
Session One: Tuesday, November 24th
Session Two: Wednesday November 25th
Just added: Tuesday, November 24th at 7pm Pie and Wreath-Making for Adults! (and you can bring wine!)
Join us for popcorn and warm cider, followed by a fun session of craft and cooking. Each child will make with a seasonal wreath for your home and a delicious apple pie ready to bake for your Thanksgiving feast.
Cost: $45.00 includes all materials and afternoon snack ($4 paypal fee added, please email for mailing address if you would rather mail a check.)
Ideal for kids ages 6 to 12. Families are welcome as well, please buy a ticket for each person who will be participating in the pie and wreath-making.
Led by Deena Raphael of Camp Colorwheel and Joanna Sooper of Turnip the Heat Cooking.
For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.