Turnip the Heat Cooking is teaming up with Umi Organic ramen noodles to do a fun cooking class! Tuesday, May 10th at 6pm at Old Salt Marketplace. Not only will we feast on a simplified ramen and a cold noodle salad, but all students will also take fresh noodles home to try at home.
I adore Indian food, but I am often intimidated to try and make a dish at home. I am unsure how to combine spices (and how do I know I am using the correct spices!). But, we are in luck! The lovely Astha is guest teaching a hands-on, homestyle Chicken Curry class, along with multiple sides.
Join us for a fun, delicious evening on May 3rd.
We still have space in Tuesday’s Northern Thai Cooking class. We will making some of the most delicious foods ON EARTH! (Totally no exaggeration!)
This is a class for adults, so feel free to bring an adult beverage to enjoy, or purchase something from the bar at Old Salt Marketplace.
Our Spring schedule is ready for sign ups!
- March 26th, School of Oysters, for Families, with Foster’s Craft Cooking
- April 5th, Spring After-school Cooking Series for kids
- April 5th, Night Out! Cards and Desserts, for adults
- April 12th, Northern Thai Cooking, for adults
- April 14th, Breakfast for Dinner, for kids (Happy Valley Location)
- May 3rd, Indian Street Food, for kids, with Astha Mitra
- May 3rd, Homestyle Indian Chicken Curry Dinner, for adults, with Astha Mitra
- May 10th, Sushi Rolling, for teens
- May 17th, Paratha Making, for adults, with Astha Mitra
And don’t forget our Art and Cooking Summer Camps!
Session One: June 20th – 24th (Only one spot left!)
Do you have a little oyster lover in the family? Or an adventurous eater who wants to explore the culinary world? Foster’s Craft Cooking is partnering up with Turnip the Heat to offer School of Oysters for families!
Class is Saturday, March 26th at 10am. Check out the menu and register here.
(photo care of Foster’s Fine Cooking)
Are you looking for a new way to celebrate Valentine’s Day? (Or want to impress someone with a few new recipes?) Sign up for Turnip the Heat’s 3rd annual Valentine’s feast!
This class is for adults. Feel free to bring wine or beer to enjoy during class, or purchase cocktails from the bar at Old Salt Marketplace (I suggest the brown butter old fashioned!)
Our second 6-week after-school cooking session starts in one week! Classes are Tuesdays at 3:30-5pm at Old Salt Marketplace. Each week we will taste the cuisine of a different country while practicing our kitchen skills. Students will learn different cooking techniques, knife use and kitchen safety. Each class ends with us sitting down to enjoy a meal together.
Only THREE spots are left! Sign up today! Class starts Tuesday, January 26th.
I am excited to announce our Summer Camp schedule (In January! Planners Unite!). Turnip the Heat Cooking will be partnering with Deena Raphael from Camp Colorwheel to offer another round of cooking and art camp.
Our hands-on, 5-day summer camp explores world cultures through art, food, games, folktales and music. Each day we will discover a new country. Colorful art and craft activities will be led by Camp Colorwheel; Joanna Sooper will help campers prepare and cook their own lunch and snacks inspired by the day’s global destination.
Camp runs 9am -3pm, Monday – Friday.
If your child attended last year, don’t worry, it is a big world and we will be exploring new countries!)
There are currently two sessions scheduled
Here is a list of all our upcoming classes for kids and adults
- January 23rd, Edible Color Wheel with Smartypants – Family Workshop
- January 26th, After-school Cooking Series, Session 2
- January 26th, Night Out Class, food, crafts, and wine, for adults
- January 30th, Paratha Making, with guest cook, Astha
- February 2nd, Teen Class – Breakfast
- February 9th, 3rd Annual Valentine’s Day feast
- February 16th, Teen Class – Fries and Dips
- February 23rd, Pate Choux Dough, for everyone
- March 1st, Southern Thai Cooking for Adults
- April 5th, Night Out! Cards and Desserts, for Adults
It is hard to believe that Turnip the Heat Cooking is two years old today! I am looking forward to 2016 and new classes, new students, and new recipes.
Check out our upcoming classes here.