I am so thrilled that our Art and Cooking Summer camp was featured on KGW today. Check out the clip.
Deena, Hayley and I love working with your kids! Can’t wait for next summer.
Are you looking for more information on our camp?
Sign up for our newsletter by emailing email@example.com
We will send out a newsletter with Winter and Summer camp information as it gets closer.
Our menu today was salad rolls with peanut sauce, chicken bahn mi sandwiches and a fantastic tropical tapioca.
I like Bob’s Red Mill’s tapioca, but I did find some really fun multi-colored tapioca at Fubon. We mixed them together for the pudding pictured.
1/2 cup tapioca pearls
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
3 ripe bananas , peeled, sliced
1 tablespoon sesame seeds , toasted
1 mango or other seasonal fruit (or more bananas!)
- Soak the tapioca pearls in cold water for at least an hour prior cooking. They will swell to almost double in size, so check to keep the water level up.
- Drain well. Put in a big saucepan with 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cook for 10-15 minutes until the tapioca pearls are opaque and softened. Drain. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the coconut milk, water and sugar. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Add bananas to the saucepan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked tapioca pearls and gently stir to combine. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool and thicken.
- Spoon into individual bowls, sprinkle with sesame seeds and top with mango slices. Enjoy!
Deena and I are excited that camp will be starting in a few short weeks. We are busy getting our shopping lists finalized, recipes written, and art projects planned!
Looking for a fun summer job working with kids?
Turnip the Heat Cooking and Camp Colorwheel are looking for an amazing summer camp counselor to help us out during our summer camp program.
Week one: June 26th – 30th 9am-3:30pm
Week two: August 7th-10th 9am-3:30pm
Counselor will be in charge of running sports/ activity/ movement section of our summer camp.
There will be 3 daily groups of 10-14 kids.
Must have experience with children.
Must have 2+ references.
Must pass a background check.
Hourly pay negotiable.
Please send letter of interest and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org